A popular saying that we have heard at BomBay Boat Rental Co. is "The 2 happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day he/she buys the boat and the day the boat is sold!" Unless you are willing to dedicate a lot of your time and money to this hobby, renting may be a better solution. Here are a few questions to ask yourself on the subject of renting vs. buying.
How often will you use the boat?One big regret of boat owners is the fact that they don't get a chance to get out on the water enough. If you know for a fact that you will be boating every single week, then this may not be a worry for you. On the other hand, if you only have a few days here and there that you can find the time to enjoy a day on the lake, it will probably be a lot cheaper to rent a boat when you decide to go out.
Also, if you don't have a lake near your home and must travel to go boating, renting will allow you to boat wherever you go without having to bring the watercraft along with you.
Which kind should you buy?Different kinds of boats are good for various types of usage and passengers. Buying means you have to pick out one. Renting means that you can use a different boat every time that you go out, depending on what you have in mind for that trip.
BomBay Boat Rental Co. offers ski boats, tritoons, and jet skis for rent, and at some of our locations, you can even rent paddleboards.
- Cobalt 220 Ski Boat: Room for a dozen passengers, plus their gear.
- Sylvan Mirage 8524 Cruise LZ Tritoon: Plenty of room to stretch out and relax with its four-sided wrap around seating.
- SeaDoo GTI 130 SE: Easy to ride and fuel efficient PWC.
- SeaDoo RXP 300: The top-of-the-line racing PWC.
How much are you willing to spend?
As with any large purchase, if you have been considering buying a boat, you have probably figured out exactly how much you can afford to spend on it. The problem is that most people only think about the purchase price. Boats aren't just a monthly payment. They cost a lot of money every time that you take them out. Here are a few of the expenses you are in store for beyond the asking price.
- Title, registration, & insurance: These are already taken care of when you rent a boat.
- Maintenance: A lot can go wrong with a boat when it is out on the water, and fixing it usually doesn't come cheap. BomBay Boat Rental Co. offers the newest and best maintained fleet on the water. You will always get a dependable boat rental from us, and if something does go wrong, we'll take care of it.
- Storage: If you don't have a place at your home that you can keep your boat, you will need to rent a dock slip rented to keep it in. Don't forget about storage in the off-season too. It will need to be winterized and pulled out of the water in the winter. Renting a boat means that you simply drop it off when you are done and we'll take care of the storage details.
Better Product, Better Prices, and Better People at BomBay Boat Rental Co.
Our Lake of the Ozarks boat rental company gives you the newest boats to rent, and we always keep them in tip-top condition. The friendly staff that we have working with us are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.
As far as pricing goes, we offer many different rental options: hourly, daily, multi-day, and weekly. Discounts are available for seniors, military, and preferred customers.
We also have amazing membership opportunities that will keep you out on the lake all season long. There are weekday plans, 7-day plans, and family or shared memberships. You can join strictly for waverunner rentals, or get a boat rental membership and have access to every type of boat we rent plus our jet ski rentals. Payments are only made during the 6 months that the season includes.
If you have the time and the money set aside, then owning a boat of your own may be the best choice for you. If you prefer to let us worry about all of the boring details while you simply go out, have a great time, then go home, then our Lake of the Ozarks boat rentals are the best option. Feel free to give us a call or stop by any of our BomBay Boat Rental Co. locations if you have any questions, or if you would like to check everything out. We look forward to meeting you and helping you have an unforgettable summer on the lake.
BETTER PRODUCT, BETTER PRICES, BETTER PEOPLE!