|Photo Credit: Fun Lake|
1) Originally, Bagnell Dam was built to supply electricity to St. Louis.
2) About 3.5 million tourists visit the Lake annually.
3) When the Lake was created, the original town of Linn Creek was buried underneath the water.
4) Approximately 70,000 docks are found on the Lake.
5) The Lake of the Ozarks is about 92 miles long.
6) The Lake was the largest man-made lake in the world, when it was created.
7) "Magic Dragon" is the Lake's nickname due to it's unique winding shape.
8) 617 billion gallons make up the Lake of the Ozarks.
9) Bagnell Dam is 2,543 feet long.
10) 1,212,000 gallons of water passes through the floodgates every second, when the dam flood gates are open.
11) On a holiday weekend, the water fills up with about 10,000 boaters.
12) The Lake of the Ozarks has over 1,150 miles of shorline - that's more than the cost of California!
13) There are over 20 waterfront restaurants on the Lake, offering a unique dining experience.
The Lake of the Ozarks was named "Best Recreational Lake in the United States" by USA Today!
Have we enticed you to visit our Lake yet? When you do, contact BomBay Boat Rental Co. to schedule your ski boat, tritoon, or wave runner rental to have fun out on the water. Boating is one of the main attractions of the area. Don't miss out because you don't own a boat - rent one from us! We look forward to helping make your time at the Lake memorable!
Now that you know some interesting facts about the Lake of the Ozarks, you are ready to plan your vacation. While visiting our beautiful Lake, be sure to set aside some time to explore the Lake on one of our boat rentals at the Lake of the Ozarks! You haven't experienced the Lake until you do so from the water! From cruising on the water to tubing and fishing, the entertainment possibilities are endless at BomBay Boat Rental Company!
BETTER PRODUCT, BETTER PRICES, BETTER PEOPLE!