November is a very popular month for fishing at the Lake of the Ozarks. You can stand on a dock or the shore to cast your line, but you'll have much better luck if you get out on the water and explore a few different prime fishing spots. Our Lake of the Ozarks boat rental company has the boat ready and waiting for you. Here are a few things that you should bring along with you for a full day of fishing.
Can't fish without it
- fishing license
- appropriate gear for the type of fish you expect to catch
- basic fishing gear:
- long-nose pliers
- a good knife and multi-tool
- tape measure for the fish (& a camera for proof!)
- ice chest, if you plan to keep what you catch
- extra line, bobbers, hooks, etc..
Dress for the weather
This time of year, you never know if it will be only chilly or downright cold. Your best bet is to dress in layers. Fall can also be a bit wet, so it's a good idea to bring the following:
- quality rain gear
- insulated gloves
- windbreaker or sweatshirt
- hats (one to keep the sun out of your eyes, another to keep your head and ears warm if it gets cold)
- polarized sunglasses (cuts the glare from the water)
- waterproof shoes/boots
- extra pairs of dry socks and a dry set of clothes (just in case)
Keep your stuff dry and your self safe.
Rain and accidental dips into the Lake can ruin some of the stuff that you have in your boat. Occasionally you may be far from help too. These items will keep you prepared.
- waterproof bags can hold everything that shouldn't get wet, like cell phones, wallet, chargers, extra clothing, etc...
- first aid kit, including necessary medications
- list of local fishing regulations
- map of the area you will be fishing in (mark the best spots for next time!)
- sunscreen & insect repellent
- fully charged cell phone
To avoid making stops throughout the day, pack plenty of water, snacks, and beverages. A weather radio is a good idea. The saying in Missouri is, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute."
The lists above are a good place to start when you rent a boat at the Lake of the Ozarks to go fishing. The more you fish, the easier it will be to know exactly what to expect and what you will need while you are out there. BomBay Boat Rental Company will be here for you all year long. Throughout the rest of the Fall and this Winter, we will be renting boats by reservation only at two of our rental sites: Village Marina and Camden on the Lake. Give us a call today and get a boat rental reserved for your next fishing trip.