(Answers will at the end of the blog.)
1. What year was Bagnell Dam completed?
2. What is the nickname given to the Lake of the Ozarks? (Hint, it's the "shape" of the lake.)
3. Where can you find an actual castle at the Lake of the Ozarks?
4. What town is called the "Gateway to the Lake of the Ozarks?"
5. Are there MORE THAN or LESS THAN 10 golf courses in the Lake area?
6. What is the name of the amusement park from the 1980's that was located in Osage Beach?
7. Who stood across from the Indian on the Bagnell Dam Strip for years?
8. How long is the Lake of the Ozarks from end to end?
9. Which river was impounded to create the Lake of the Ozarks?
10. What is the best boat rental company at the Lake of the Ozarks?
So, how do you think you did? If you were stumped on any, the answers are right below this paragraph. Challenge a friend and see if they can top your score! The Lake is a pretty interesting and fun place to be. When you are ready to explore it a little more, reserve one of our Lake of the Ozarks boat rentals or jet ski rentals and take a look around this amazing area.
1. 1931, with construction beginning in 1929
2. The Magic Dragon
3. Ha Ha Tonka State Park
4. Eldon, MO
5. More - We found reports of 13-15 courses in the area, but we may have missed a few!
6. Fort of the Osage
7. The Country Bumpkin
8. 92 miles
9. The Osage River
10. BomBay Boat Rental, of course! (We just couldn't resist!!!)
BETTER PRODUCT, BETTER PRICES, BETTER PEOPLE!