It's finally here, another Harbor Hop! Well, almost here, so there is still time to reserve your Lake of the Ozarks boat rental. Saturday, May 7, 2016 the 19th Annual Spring Harbor Hop will be taking place. If you love boating on the lake, then this is an event that you do not want to miss.
BomBay Boat Rental Company has a rental location at 3 participating places this year: The Boat House at Village Marina, Camden on the Lake (they have two checkpoints), and Dog Days Bar & Grill. That makes it convenient for you to either begin or finish your poker hand at one of those awesome waterfront restaurants.
Participating in the Harbor Hop is easy. All you need is a boat or jet ski, a list of checkpoints, and a sense of adventure. A little luck with the cards doesn't hurt either. There are over 40 restaurants, bars, and marinas that you can pick up a card from this year, divided into four sections.Gravois Arm - Section I
(*Locations are subject to change.)
(*Locations are subject to change.)
Cabana Jones (Formerly Bump's) - 3.5 MM - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Jolly Rogers Grub & Grog #1 - 4.5 MM - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Westport Yacht Club - 5.5 MM Gravois Arm - 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Beauty View Resort/Gas Hole - 5.5 MM Soap Creek - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Jerk Shack - 5.5 MM Soap Creek - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
T's Fish Tales - 6.5 MM - Gravois Arm - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Coconuts Caribbean Beach Bar & Grill - 7 MM - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Hillbilly Yacht Club Bar & Grill - 7 MM Gravois Arm - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Frog's Bar & Grill - 8 MM Gravois Arm - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Tap and Grill Lakeside Brew Haus - 7 MM Main Channel - 11 am to 7 pm
10 mm, Dam, Main Channel, - Section II
Beavers at the Dam - 0 MM - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Ozark Yacht Club/Lakeside Cafe - 1MM Jennings Branch Cove - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Boat House Lakeside Bar & Grill - 3 MM - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Glencove Marina/Sea Store - 3 MM - 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Shady Gators #1 - 7 MM - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Shady Gators #2 - 7 MM - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Camden on the Lake/H.Toads #1 - 7 MM - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
Camden on the Lake/H.Toads #2 - 7 MM - 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Alhonna Resorts/Bobber's - 8 MM - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Franky & Louie's #1 - 10 MM - 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
28 mm - 38 mm, Main Channel & Big Niangua Arm - Section IV
An optional $20 donation can be paid at your first stop, and that's where you will pick up your first card. From there, the route is up to you. Stop at 6 more checkpoints, picking up another card for your poker hand at each one. Turn in your hand where you draw your seventh card.
If you aren't particularly happy with the hand that you have been dealt, you will have the opportunity to buy an eighth card for $5 to increase your winning chance. Each checkpoint has it's own opening time (listed above), but all cards must be turned in by 7 pm to qualify.
The PrizesWinners will be notified by mail when the Harbor Hop is over. Prizes will be awarded in the form of lake area gift certificates. The prize amounts depend on the amount of money raised from the entry fees. The Lake of the Ozarks Convention & Visitors Bureau retains 60% of the money raised to promote the Lake of the Ozarks. The remaining 40% will be divided as follows:
1st Place: 10%
2nd Place: 9%
3rd Place: 8%
4th Place: 7% each
5th - 10th Place: 5% each
4 Worst Hands: 4% each
Random Drawing for 10 Hands: 2% each
(all ties will share the allocated percentage for the placing)
In addition to the regular prize winners, a section winner will be recognized. To be eligible to be a section winner, a player must draw all seven cards within one of the four sections listed above.
The RentalsNo matter how you prefer to hop between checkpoints, we've got you covered. Rent our jet skis if there are a just a couple of you wanting to race between stops, ski boats if you are with a group that loves to go fast, or tritoons if you really want to spread out. Our fleets are the newest and best maintained on the Lake of the Ozarks, so you know you're getting the highest quality possible with every rental. After all, we're all about Better Product, Better Prices, and Better People.
Reserve your own Lake of the Ozarks jet ski rental or boat rental right away, before they are all gone. This is a very popular annual event for the lake area, and the water will be filled with excited people, ready for another season of boating. BomBay Boat Rental Company is here to make sure that happens all season long.
What are you waiting for?
BETTER PRODUCT, BETTER PRICES, BETTER PEOPLE!