Fruit KabobsMaking up some fruit kabobs is a fantastic snack and a great way to stay hydrated. Taking the time to make kabobs will make grabbing a snack easy and you won't have to worry about having plates. Stock up on your favorite fruits, buy some bamboo skewers and you've got the perfect snack. Fruits that work great for these skewers include watermelon, cantaloupe, kiwi, grapes, pineapple, and strawberries.
Fresh LemonadeLemonade is a refreshing drink, customizable, and a kids' favorite! Save a milk or water jug and use it for easy storing. Below is an easy recipe for traditional lemonade but feel free to add your favorite fruits to change the flavor. Strawberry, mangos, mint, and raspberries are great in lemonade!
Ingridenets2 cups sugar
1 cup hot water
2 cups fresh lemon juice
1 gallon cold water
1 lemon, sliced
DirectionsIn a 1 gallon container, place sugar and hot water, and stir until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and cold water to render 1 gallon. Stir until well mixed. Pour lemonade over glasses of ice, squeeze slice of lemon on top of each, and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Dill Pickle Wraps
Ingredients1 jar Claussen Mini Dill Pickles (Refrigerator Pickles)
8 ounces Cream cheese
3 packages ham lunch meat (sliced thin)
- Soften the cream cheese to room temperature or even a little warmer.
- Spread cream cheese on individual pieces of the lunch meat.
- Wrap the cream cheese and meat around pickles that have been dried off with paper towels.
- Continue wrapping the pickle with one or two more pieces of meat and cream cheese.
- Place wrapped pickles in the fridge to let the cream cheese harden back up.
- Slice pickles in 1/3 to 1/2 inch pieces to serve or eat.
Caprese Salad Skewers
If you're planning to make some fruit kabobs, why not utilize the rest of your skewers for some delicious Caprese salad skewers! It may feel like a little bit of work putting everything together, but trust us, once you're on the boat grabbing a skewer will make snack time easy!
1 cup balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
- Assemble, tomatoes, basil (roll from one end to the other), and mozzarella balls on medium-sized toothpicks. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To make balsamic glaze, add one cup of balsamic vinegar to a saucepan over medium heat. Once it comes to a boil, set on simmer for about 10-15 minutes until it reduces to a syrup consistency. You can check by dipping a spoon in the balsamic and if it covers the back of it, it's done. As it cools, it will thicken a bit more, then drizzle on top of Caprese salad skewers.
Book Your Summer Boat Rental!
You won't want to miss a minute of boating on the Lake of the Ozarks for the rest of the summer, so pack the cooler, grab your friends, and either head to one of our four boat rental locations, or tell us where to meet you!